Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on purchases made through them. Our content is not influenced by commissions.
If your computer’s PSU isn’t the most powerful around, you’re going to need a low power graphics card. In this list we have chosen four excellent low power graphics cards for different needs. So whether you need a GPU for gaming, 4K video, or you need it to be low profile too, we have you covered.
Best Low Power Graphics Cards
Below you can find some excellent low power graphics cards which I have chosen for specific requirements.
Best for Gaming – Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
$329.00 – Buy on Amazon
The Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a low power graphics card for gaming. For 1080p gaming, you can expect to get around 60 FPS in most AAA games as long as you’re willing to turn the settings down to medium/high. Some more demanding games like The Witcher 3 will still be playable but you’re likely to see the frame rate drop to around 30 FPS at some points. You can expect to get well over 100 FPS in low demand or “e-sports” games (e.g. CSGO). The power consumption is 75w and the recommended system power supply is 300w.
- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 It
- Video memory: 4gb gddr5
- Memory interface: 128-bit; Cores: 768 units
- Max. resolution: 2560 x 1600 support 3x display monitors.
Also Great for Gaming – Nvidia GTX 1050
$255.44 – Buy on Amazon
The Nvidia GTX 1050 is another excellent low power graphics card for gaming. It is very budget friendly too. It won’t perform on the same level as the GTX 1050 Ti, but it isn’t far behind and is still capable of running most AAA games at 60 FPS if you turn the graphics settings down. You can expect to get well over 100 FPS in low demand or “e-sports” games (e.g. CSGO). The power consumption is 75w and the recommended system power supply is 300w.
- New NVIDIA pascal architecture delivers improved performance and power efficiency
- Classic and modern games at 1080P @ 60 FPS. Recommend operating system is windows 10, windows 8 and windows 7
- Fast, smooth, power-efficient gaming experiences
- Support for the latest DirectX 12 Features. Recommended PSU-300W. Multi-view-3. Digital max resolution-7680x4320
Low Power & Low Profile – Nvidia GTX 1050 Low Profile
$599.00 – Buy on Amazon
If you’re short on space and are looking for a graphics card that is low power and low profile, the low profile version of the Nvidia GTX 1050 is an excellent choice.
- Core Clock (MHz): 1506/1392 (boost/base) in OC mode and 1468/1366 (boost/base) in gaming mode
- Low profile design with 167mm card length
- Supports up to 4 displays
- Card size-H=1.4 L=6.5 W=2.7 inches
Budget Friendly & Great for 4K – Nvidia GT 1030
$199.66 – Buy on Amazon
If you don’t need a graphics card for gaming (or you will only be playing low demand games) but you have a 4K monitor, the Nvidia GT 1030 is perfect. It’s budget friendly so it won’t break the bank and it’s capable of playing 4K video at 60 FPS. The power consumption is 30w – making it the lowest on our list – and the recommended system power supply is 300w.
- Chipset NVIDIA GeForce gt 1030
- Video Memory 2GB GDDR5
- Memory Clock 6008 MHz interface PCI Express x16 3 0
- DisplayPort/ HDMI
Last update on 2021-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API